Abdulrazaq Family Members debunk an open letter to Gov. Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq
We are bemused as our attention has been called to one open letter purportedly written by faceless individuals claiming to be the heirs of A. G. F Abdulrazaq titled; Joint Message from Yerimisa Youth Idigba.
First of all, it should be noted that such message did not emanate from any member of our family.
We the members of Yerinsa Family, Idigba of Ilorin-West local Government, Kwara State hereby wish to make the following categorically clear statements:
- – That we did not write and we can not write such a reckless and an ungrateful message to any of our family members especially those who by the grace of the Almighty Allah have always been uplifting our well-being through exceptional moral and material support.
- – That the message does not represent the reality in our family. In the said fake message, the faceless writers claimed that a graduate member of the family is in undignified labour . While we believe in the dignity of any type of labour or work, such claim is not only untrue but a fabrication from the writer’s imagination.
- – That contrary to the claim of the faceless writers , all graduate members of the family are in paid employment or in fulfilling businesses except for those that just concluded their National Youth Service. Even those that have just concluded their NYSC have casual jobs or volunteering assignments to earn meaningful wages.
- – That we are aware of the politically motivated fake write up intends to whip up public sentiments against the family particularly as it was published widely by National Pilot allegedly owned by a discredited and disgraced political family sent packing by the Otoge Movement .This puerile, infantile and cheap attempt to denigrate our distinguished Ilorin Family spells desperation and abject failure of that ilk. It is a fact upheld in the entire Ilorin Emirate that the A. G. F. Abdulrazaq heirs have been Responsible, Responsive, helpful and supportive to not only to members of the family but many Kwarans . We are therefore extremely proud of them as each in his or her individual capacity has brought appointments and other human capacity building opportunities to the family and community members. No cheap or fake news can erode the excellent work of the surviving family heirs in building upon the distinguished legacy of our father AGF AbdulRazaq SAN
- – That all members of the family are aware that this fake news is a veiled attempt to embarrass our good Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq but it has woefully failed. We thus reiterate our vote of full confidence in the Governor and Govt of Kwara state . We urge him to continue his unprecedented good governance in Kwara and not be distracted.
- – That all the family members have resolved since inception of this administration that the achievement of the Governor in the State should be our Paramount concern and that we will give him every support to achieve a noble and historic record in Kwara .
- – We want to enjoin the public and well wishers to disregard such fake letter from faceless writers whose handiwork is politics of hatred and destruction .
- – We want to use this opportunity to advise those all media outlets who are fond of rushing to publish unverified information without any verifiable source to desist unethical journalism and uphold best world practices.
Alh. S. F. Abdulrazaq