New COVID-19 Guidelines for Kwara State
· Appropriate use of face mask in public places is mandatory
· Concerts/carnivals/Clubbing are not allowed until further notice
· Worship centres are not to allow congregations exceeding 50% of the maximum capacity of the venue. This is to allow for physical distancing
· Other gatherings (formal and informal) exceeding 50 people are disallowed
· Again, proper use of face mask in public space is mandatory. Therefore, the protocol of ‘No face mask, no entry’ must apply at all public places.
· Civil servants are to work from their homes. The only exemptions are essential workers, especially in the health sector. Virtual meetings are encouraged
· There shall be partial statewide lockdown between 12 am and 430a.m. until further notice.
· Transporters are to enforce all COVID-19 protocols, including proper use of face mask by drivers and passengers. Appropriate sanctions will apply to defaulters.
· Security agencies will deploy all lawful means to enforce these protocols
· Defaulters are deemed to constitute dangers to public health. Provisions of the Kwara State Infectious Diseases Regulations 2020 shall apply to all offenders.
· There will be further communications on school resumption
· These new guidelines take effect from Thursday December 24, 2020.
· These new guidelines are subject to reviews as situations dictate.